NATIONAL PUBLIC SERVANT AWARD
Each year, the Veterans of Foreign Wars selects Emergency Medical Technicians,
Law Enforcement and Firefighter personnel to receive VFW Public Servant Awards.
Post Safety Chairmen submit a candidate for these awards
to their Department Headquarters by January 1st of each year.
The State Department will then select a single candidate for each of the three awards
and submit those to VFW National Headquarters by February 1st of each year.
VFW National Emergency Medical Technician Public Servant Citation:
Any individual, who actively gives emergency medical treatment,
provides rescue service or civil disaster assistance
as a member of any public or volunteer company
organized to give emergency medical care,
provide rescue and civil disaster assistance to our nation’s citizens.
VFW National Law Enforcement Public Servant Citation:
Any individual who serves in a municipal, county,
state or federal unit tasked with enforcement of the laws
pertaining to their area of responsibility.
This award does not apply to individual employed by private companies
or security services.
VFW National Firefighters Public Servant Citation:
Any individual who actively fights fires as a member of any public or
volunteer company organized to fight fires
and give assistance to our nation’s citizens.
Criteria for these awards – Candidates must have demonstrated:
1) Recognition by their colleagues or those they serve.
2) Consistent excellence in the performance of their duties.
3) Consistent dedication to their official responsibilities over a period of years
& continuous growth in responsibilities and skills within their profession.
Documentation required for all Candidates:
1) Nomination letter containing the candidate’s name, title, address, telephone
& identifying the award for which the individual should be considered.
2) One (1) page resume of the candidate’s overall background.
3) One (1) page resume of the candidate’s background in their field.
4) One (1) page listing of the candidate’s accomplishment and awards in their field.
5) Photograph (preferably a head shot) of the candidate.
Deadline for submission of Candidates is December 31st of each year.